Monday 20 February 2017

Thanks for Being My Friend

I got the idea for this card from the January MFT design team, they had used the new background stamp and die cut a word from it. I thought it would be a quick and simple idea to replicate, boy was I wrong lol.

I did learn a few valuable lessons though which I will share with you, number one even though you think colouring the whole background then die cutting the words will take longer it really won't. Number two if you don't heed number one you will need to refer to the original often to try to decipher what is what on your die cut word, this takes about three times as long as colouring the whole sheet lol.

Things I would do differently, well I would stamp two identical panels, colour one entirely in colours and one in grey, this way once the letters are cut I can make two cards probably a lot quicker than this one took.

I will say I would do this again as I think the sentiment really pops and it looks effective too.


Ingredients
Image:"bundles of blossom" MFT
Dies:Blueprints 15 and "thanks" (retired) words both MFT
Card: "blu raspberry" Mft

Copics
YR09, 07, 04, Y38, 15, 13, 11, RV09, 06, 04, BG15, 13, 11, YG17, 25

2 comments:

coops said...

So stunning Amanda.I love the design and how its only the wording that is coloured ;D

xx coops xx

Di said...

Very clever Amanda - I really love this technique you've shown here. One to try - maaaaaybeee :)

Hugs

Di xx