Saturday 31 December 2016

Who Let the Dog Out

This is going to be a bit of a picture heavy post, I made this card for my good friend Kay and before I go any further I wanted to wish her a very happy birthday.

So this card was a bit of a labour of love, it took a while and was a project I did in between others and not all in one go. The first thing I did was the wall background, I used the brick stencil and paver red ink both from MFT and inked the whole back of the card. I didn't have a grass die so I used the icicle border and cut it from white card, used twisted citroen and mowed lawn distress inks to colour it and placed it around the outside. It looked a bit plain so I cut a fence and added that and then it looked better lol.

I cut the window using a memory box die and layered several with a layer of acetate in the middle. The hole on the card was cut by hand and is smaller than the window so I had something to adhere to.

It was a fun project and I hope Kay likes it. When I finished even Hubbie liked it and suggested making a christmas version for our neighbours, I said maybe next year lol.




Ingredients
Stencil: "brick" with "paver red" ink both MFT
Grass: "icicle" die from MFT coloured with "twisted citroen" and "mowed lawn" distress inks
Fence: "picket fence" mft
Window: "grand madison" Memory Box
Dogs: "lucky dog" MFT
Sofa, pictures and rug: "make yourself at home" MFT
Wallpaper: "damask" background stamp from MFT stamped with "blu raspberry" ink
Floor: "wood plank" from western backgrounds from MFT
Sentiment: "tiny tags" Our Daily Bread
Cushion: "playful pooches" Clearly Besotted


2 comments:

kay said...

Well being the proud owner of this awesome card I can tell you it's even better in real life and shall be cherished as a piece of art :-)

Aileen said...

Wow what a fantastic storybook card your friend received. Must have been blown away with all the work and love that has gone into this.