Tuesday 20 December 2016

Hero Arts Deer

As soon as I saw Jennifer McGuire use this set in the summer I knew I had to get it. It was extremely difficult set to get in the UK so I had to wait until my October Florida trip to get my hands on it. I am so glad I did as I loved using it. 

When I first tried it I used a combination of different manufacturer's inks and colours but I couldn't get the look I wanted so after seeing Kay use the Altenew inks I bought the "coffee break" set. Oh my goodness what a difference, they are tonal and work perfectly together, I think even thought I have enough inks to open a store I will be getting all the sets they offer lol.

I also used an impression plate to give a pretty plain card a bit of interest and as I used both sides of the plate I have showed both examples. The plate gives a lovely finish and is another thing I'm going to be buying more of. I made this design in bulk and also made it in red but I forgot to take a photo before they went in the post.



Ingredients
Image: "layering deer" Hero Arts
Sentiment: "grand sayings" MFT
Ink: Altenew coffee break set for the deer and Pinfeathers from Papertrey ink for the sentiment
Card: pinefeathers and primitive white both Papertrey Ink
Dies: Blueprints 13 and "aida" impression plate from Papertrey Ink

No comments: