Saturday 21 May 2016

Viking For You

I had been waiting for this stamp to come back into stock and I couldn't wait to stamp and colour it straight away, problem then was how to add it to a card, it was screaming for a bit of a scene so I started there. Of course I didn't have any mountain dies so I had to buy those and once they arrived I discovered I didn't have any grass dies either, but everywhere I looked they were out of stock so I improvised with the icicle border and it seems to work ok. 

I used my favourite green distress ink combo for the mountains but the one in the background needed to be a bit darker and I was unsure which one to use so I tried Pine feathers and it worked perfectly. I did think of cutting the mountains with coloured card but I think the distress inked background makes it seem more natural.



Ingredients
Image: "Viking" Avery Elle
Dies: "stitched mountain range" and "icicle border" all MFT stamps
Card: Michaels 110lb white
Sentiment: "label maker" MFT stamps, stamped with "slate" Simon Says Stamp Ink
Distress inks: "mowed lawn, pine feathers, twisted citroen, tumbled glass"

Copics
Skin - E11, 00, 000
Hair and Beard -
Hat - N4, 3, 2
Trousers - YG97, 95
Top and Boots - E79, 77, 74

2 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Amanda gorgeous fun card love the Viking bless him. Alison x

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

A brilliant card.

I can see why you were itching to colour this image .. .. and you have done so perfectly.

Love your colour choices and the great background.

Love Jules xx