Tuesday 19 April 2016

Topiary Tree

For this card I am channeling by inner "Jen Nelson" . I adore Jen's clean, simple and elegant designs and it made me wonder if I could achieve it without adding stuff.

I remembered I had bought the "creative stamper" magazine a few years ago for the lady image but hadn't thought of using the trees, that is until Jen did lol. This topiary doesn't come with a pot so I used the smaller topiary and just carefully inked it and then stamped the green on top.

I used a scrap or snippet if you will of watercolour paper and stamped the images in "vintage photo" and "mowed lawn" distress inks then simply used a wet/damp brush to move the colour. I used the shading dots already on the image to show me where the darkest areas should be.

Once I assembled the card I thought it needed something but my hubby said it looked lovely as it was, high praise indeed from my hubby lol.


Ingredients
Image: Creative stamper
Card: "cement" MFT
Dies: "basic stitched edges" mft
Sentiment: "keep it simple - Happy birthday 2" paper trey ink

No comments: