Wednesday 13 April 2016

Sparkle Pens

I watched a video from Carissa Wiley where she used the new sparkle pens from Crafters Companion to watercolour an image, the pens stay wet longer and are able to blend with each other. I was intrigued as I love a bit of sparkle so when Crafters companion had the pens on offer I bought three packs. Technically though one pack doesn't count as its clear lol.

The fig and cosmos blended perfectly together to create a beautiful purple so they were my starting point for the flowers, I only had one green so to lighten it I used the clear, I also used the blue and clear for the water. They were even easier to use than I thought/hoped they would be and I nearly ordered the other packs as soon as the card was finished lol.



Ingredients
Image: "delightful day" Clearly Besotted
Card: "violet" Lifetree crafts and Ranger watercolour
Dies: Blueprints 20 from MFT
Dots - Dollar tree
Sparkle Pens - Fig, Cosmos, Sage, clear and moonstone from Crafters Companion

2 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful card Amanda, I love your colouring. I only have the clear, maybe I should get some more! :) xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card Amanda I too have the pens but not used them as the craft room is in the middle of being revamped. Love Alison xx