Tuesday 20 October 2015

Watercolour Roses

I don't know about anyone else but I'm loving all the soft water colouring that I'm seeing in blogland. Like everyone else I'm tempted by the zig real colour brush pens but I'm trying to be good and use what I have so I decided to see if I could use my SU markers and create a look I wanted.

I was particularly inspired by Debby Hughes and this card she made for the release of this stamp set, she manages to achieve such gorgeous soft water colouring.

I scribbled onto an acrylic block and picked up the colour with a damp brush, after I got a bit more confident I was able to add the marker direct to the paper and drag the colour out. This is definitely a look I will be trying again and it was very therapeutic to achieve.



Ingredients
Image: "delightful day" Clearly Besotted
Sentiment: "Happy Everything" Clearly Besotted
Card: "strawberry Slush" Stampin up (retired in colour)
Papers: "blush" MME
Dies: Blueprints 20 and 2

markers
Leaves - Old Olive and Always Artichoke
Water - Coastal Cabana
Ground - Basic Grey
Roses - Strawberry slush, Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple
Background - Soft Sky

No comments: