Tuesday 14 April 2015

Birthday Barkley

I placed rather a large order with everycraftsapound and this set was one I popped in my basket at the last minute, I liked the images but I'm not a fan of acrylic stamps as they do tend to spread when stamping unlike photopolymer but I thought for a pound it was worth it even if I only used them once. They actually stamped very easily and I didn't struggle to get a good impression.

I've been trying to use my new stuff before I put it away, it helps to give me a visual reference and also if I've coloured something I think I'm more likely to remember I have it. I'm not sure this will work going forward but I'm going to at least try.

I coloured barkley in his signature colours and he was just sitting on my desk when I got the idea to use the peek a boo dies, once the idea popped into my head the card was made really quickly. It looked a little plain before I added the enamel dots and although the they aren't really random I think they work. I do have the beads to be able to make my own but I've not tried it yet.



Ingredients
Image: "everyday Barkley" acrylic set from Crafters Companion
Dies: perk a boo and blueprints 15 both MFT
Sentiment: "happy birthday" clearly besotted, stamped in "cotton candy" and "steel grey" both MFT
Enamel dots: recollections and dollar tree.

Copics
Hat: R85, 83, 81
Dog: T7, 5, 4, 2, 0

No comments: