Friday 18 July 2014

Art Impressions (AI) Clear Stamp Sets

I saw this set in Michaels on a recent Florida trip and had no idea that they were brand new and sought after or I would have bought more, the set contains a few sentiments, two people, a dog and a caravan. At $9.99 it was an absolute bargain and I'm hoping on my next trip they have some left.

I've made this card way in advance but hopefully the person its for doesn't check my blog, I thought of this person as soon as I saw the set and I'm hoping his sense of humour is still intact lol.

Ive also been using the Joann super smooth card stock for my copic colouring recently and have to say after trying loads of different ones over the years this is quickly becoming my favourite. It is heavy weight at 110lb but blends smoothly without as much effort as the Papertrey ink card and keeps the colours bright which the Rymans tends to dull. I tried it with my prisma pencils and it blended beautifully. On my next trip I think I might need to fill my suitcase with it.

Ingredients
Image: "retired" Ai for Hampton Art clear set
Card: "enchanted evening" Papertrey ink and Joann super smooth
Sentiment and Die: "happy" exclusive set from simon says stamp
Dies: Blueprint 1 and 13 from mft and "speech bubble" from lawn fawn

Copics
Skin - E13, 11, 00, 000, R02
Hat - YG99, 97, 95, 93, E09, R08
Shorts - YG99, 97, 95, 93
Shirt - E42, 41, 40, and colourless blender
Chair - B37, 34
Beer and sandals - E37, 35, 34, 31

2 comments:

Annette said...

Lol what a great card and fab image.
I could defiantly see a difference with the card stock on Sunday as you say holds the colour better. X

kay said...

This is fab, stop showing me stamps I need lol x