Thursday 26 June 2014

You are Amazing

I fell for this set from pti but I was being a bit tight and only bought the dies, of course when I came to use the dies without the stamp didn't work, so of course I had to get the stamps, I sometimes wonder will I ever learn lol.

I have wanted to try the watercolour background for a while but I don't have a lot of watercolour paper to practice so I found some old papermill card and decided to give it a whirl, I have to say I'm very impressed it reacted with the water brilliantly, die cut like a dream and is now enjoying a new lease of life in my craft room.

I used three distress inks for this background, evergreen bough, salty ocean and tumbled glass. I smushed them onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water then just dropped and smushed the paper into the ink, once it was dry I pounced it back into the pools of ink to get a more concentrated colour. Such an easy process I can't believe I've not done it before.

Ingredients:
Image and sentiment: "amazing" pti
Dies: blueprints 15 by mft and amazing by pti
Card: Papermill
Embossing powder: Stampendous detail white.

Challenges: less is more

7 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Amanda brilliant card love the maze its perfect and loving the white detail. Love Alison xx

Kathyk said...

Love your water coloured "white space"!

Kathyk
GDTM Simply Less Is More

Chrissie said...

I must say that this looks pretty amazing too... that background is awesome.
Which Papermill card did you use?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic background and image
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Stunning background Amanda and love the stamp/die set!
Thanks for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

Loving your watercolour background!

Your maze die is brilliant too.

Great finished card.

Hope all is well with you and you are have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Darnell said...

AMANDA, Congratulations on being SHOWCASED at LIM for your stunning watercolored card!! I am so thrilled for you!! Hugs, Darnell