Tuesday 18 June 2013

Fishing Days

Since attending the MFT workshop I have found myself drawn to a different style and size of card, I have always made square cards and struggled with the a6, a5 size but now I am trying them again. The american sizing is different to the UK and an a6 card is slightly narrower but longer than the standard US a2 but I kinda like it.

This card is a6 and I made the base myself from 300gsm anna marie card, lovely smooth cardstock and perfect for this. I cut a smaller layer from elegant evening (papertrey ink) and used the birthday die also from paper trey. I had seen this used on Beth's blog and really liked the negative look. I stamped the matching sentiment in simply chartreuse as the blue was a bit much and then used a cuttlebug folder to add interest to the blue layer. The bears are a 99p fizzy moon stamp set and quite small so worked perfectly on this size, I wanted it to look like a page from a book so coloured them in the warm greys and used the MFT notebook die to cut them out.

This was a simple but slightly time consuming card to make, I used the wrong tape to secure the die to the cardstock and it ripped slightly hence the small stars. I can see me using this again as it was very satisfying but it wont reduce my paper pad mountain lol.


Ingredients
Image: Fizzy moon
Sentiment: "wonderful words birthday" Papertrey Ink
Dies:
        Sentiment : "wonderful words: birthday" papertrey ink
        Stars: "summertime charm" lawn fawn
        Notepaper: mft
Cardstock:
       White base: Anna marie
       Blue: "Elegant evening" papertrey ink
       White: Neenah 110lb

4 comments:

Hettie said...

Very cute card there Amanda. I do like wonky as a design!
xx

kay said...

How spooky we have used similar dies :-)
Fab card Amanda, x

Di said...

Fabulous Amanda - is there no end to your stash of dies!

Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so gorgeous Amanda.fab design and I love the fizzy moon :D

xx coops xx