Friday 12 April 2013

Teddy, beer and a sketch

This mini but extremely cute stamp was such fun to colour,  I tried to capture the different colour behind the glass and think I may have succeeded yeah. I had so much fun making the glass shiny and the bubbles frothy too.

The papers have been printed since last year and sitting patiently in the snippet draw, the card is left over from a card you will see probably next week  and I am trying to use stuff that is on my desk before it gets to the snippet draw and it seems to be working.




I have used this weeks sketch saturday sketch and wow is it easy and effective too, I have challenged myself to start using sketches more as they can kick start the mojo even though sometimes they are scary. I think that the scariest part of this one was the embellies and trying to not overpower the image but josy rose came to the rescue yet again, I am so glad Jules introduced me to them.


Ingredients
Image: Fizzy moon
Papers: "this & that" Echo Park at Jessica Sprague
Cardstock: "Early Expresso" Stampin up
Nailheads: Josy Rose
Sentiment: papermania
Dies: Ticket border MFT

Challenges: Snippet Playground

10 comments:

Sarn said...

What a fab card and your got the glass effect and colouring just right.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Bubbles said...

That is so brilliant - absolutely spot-on with the colours... the effect is just amazing!
Just visiting from the Crafty Snippets Playground,
Bubbles
at Patchwork Apples
# 35

kay said...

It's super Amanda,love the colour of the beer glass and bear,really effective x

coops said...

so stunning amanda.really gorgeous details and colours and i love the fab image :D

xx coops xx

Di said...

Wahoo - great result Amanda. Love the way you used the sketch - and brilliant colouring. You sure did capture the effect of the little bear through the glass!

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful snippets card. Love those little ticket stubs lined across the page. The image is a cutie too!

Carol L said...

How cute is that little bear! It looks like he over-served himself at a sporting event with all the tickets behind him! Cutest card ever!!

Darnell said...

You did a brilliant job with that glass, Amanda! The whole card is just too darn cute!!

I've enjoyed wheeling my way backwards through your posts that I've missed because of work. It was such a delightful excursion into your sweet card inspirations!!

MaryH said...

Hi Amanda, thanks for your visit & comment. Your card is very pretty, and you succeeded beautifully in creating that transparency in your glass. And this is not an always easy thing to do either! Great job. I'm with you on the sketches goal. I need to set that for myself too; again I think you met your goal with this one. A really cute card, following the sketch, yet you made it definitely 'your own'. TFS

Bonnie said...

What a great job on that glass of beer! It makes me want a big frosty glass of it! Some of those sketches are really scary. It's good to jump in and give them a try though.