Tuesday 26 March 2013

Button Tree

I love this image by Sassy Cheryl, I have been eyeing it for a while and finally snagged it in the recent sale for a $1, such a bargain. Looks like the stamp isn't available on the new site...such a shame, sorry.

I decided to use the paper tolling technique again and am really pleased with how it came out. The colours are a bit non- traditional but I so wanted to use the new stampin up papers I got last week.

As the card was button themed I used my Boofle button embossing folder which I have only used once before and it gives such a lovely finish too, it was a bit difficult to see on the midnight muse cardstock so I used my new white ink pad to give a softer chalked effect. I also discovered that I have a button thin cut die that I must have bought about 7 years ago and never used, in fact I found 3 different ones lol.



Ingredients
Image: "button tree" Sassy Cheryl
Papers: "poetry prints" stampin up
Cardstock: "midnight muse" stampin up
Embossing: "button" Boofle for Docrafts
Ink: "white craft" stampin up
Gems: clear from stash coloured with copics.
Dies: button thin cut from sizzix

Challenges: Sketch Saturday



6 comments:

Darnell said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Amanda! I'm sorry that stamp isn't available, but the way you've set it up is a design that I can CASE with other images ~ it's so fantastic!!

Di said...

Wahoo - what a fab card Amanda! Love the whole theme - and such a fun image too.

You reminded me that I have the Boofle buttons folder here - totally unused as yet! Shame on me - love how you used yours.

Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love the fun image and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Hettie said...

Great card Amanda. I love that Boofle embossing folder and have used it a few times. Love Boofle!
xx

Alex H. said...

What a funny image! Great card and wonderful colour choice! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!
xx