Saturday 26 January 2013

Virtual Playday Paper Comparrison

Not the most exciting post title but this post does exactly what it says on the tin.  Last weekend I was supposed to be at the Bristol playday but the snow prevented any of us getting there so we had a virtual playday instead, some made cards, some tidied and most like me just chatted lol. Not much change to a normal playday really lol. I am not sure I would have been able to make it even without the snow as have been ill since before Christmas, now been diagnosed with viral bronchitis which I think is a posh word for a bad cough.

I did manage to try some colouring though. I have always used Rymans 200 gsm for my Copic colouring and still do but I have tried a few others. I attended a Copic class at MFT where I tried Copic xpress it cardstock and really liked the way I could get a deeper colour blend. Now I forgot to buy some and even though I have been since I forgot then as well. So I don't have a comparison to show you.

I did buy a Papertrey ink sampler cardstock pack on my last visit to Florida and this included 2 sheets of their popular "stampers select" colouring card. I decided to try colouring an image on both Rymans and pti using the same colours, shading etc to see the difference. The first difference I noticed was that I needed to work harder and faster on the pti than the Rymans but I also noticed that the colours look richer and deeper on the pti. It did seem to take longer to colour and although I am not ready to swap completely from Rymans ( maybe cos I have 6 packs to work through lol) I will use pti for images that have great hair, as I think the effect is better and easier to achieve on pti.


                                                               PTI                      Rymans

I also coloured the boy version of the stamp but this time only on PTI, I was so surprised by how easy it was to get a great effect on the hair



Images: "Later Skater" The Greeting Farm

Thanks for looking, would be interested to know if you have used any other card stock and found it works well with Copics and or pro markers, Spectrum Noirs etc.


6 comments:

Faye said...

Hi Amanda, I hope you shift that posh cough, you've had it for long enough. I love seeing comparisons like this, so interesting. I've just swapped to MIC from Neenah. Great colouring here. Have a lovely weekend. X

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

A virtual playday .. .. now that's different.

Great idea to compare cardstock in this way.

Love the hair on your last example. It looks amazing.

I too use Rymans card for my images .. .. the coated version.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Mary J said...

Hope your "cough" gets better soon, Amanda!

I've always wondered about PTI and it sounds and looks good compared to the Rymans! I use Make It Colour Blending Card (by Make It Crafty) which has been my fave for some time now. I get mine from Quixotic Paperie here...

http://www.quixoticpaperie.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_246

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Ahhh Amanda hope your posh cough gets better soon. As for your images love them the colouring is amazing. Keep warm and safe hun and have a good weekend. Love Alison xxx

Wishcraft said...

I used Rymans a couple of years ago, then started using Joanna Sheen's Elegance Satin, which is great for promarkers... now that I'm using Copics I prefer Make It Colour, the same one Mary has linked to.

Love your colouring of the boy image, he looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Sorry, meant to say - hope you feel better soon! xx