Friday 26 October 2012

Hexagons everywhere

Well I have been using my new hexagon die and stamp set from Papertrey ink and am very impressed with both. For my first card I used patterned paper from the snippet pile and some green and red card, the green has been stamped with versamark so that it stood out a bit more, I have made several more of this style since and tried different looks as this one is a little dark for me. I used a greeting from Papertrey and embossed in white, I used (for the first time) an embossing pen to draw the lines and for a first attempt I quite like it, must remember to use the anti static bag though lol.


Ingredients
Image: Pollycraft "Chester with Cane"
Sentiment: Papertrey ink "think big favourites 20"
Papers: Nit Wit "Sugar Cookies"
Cardstock: Stampin Up "Real Red", Core'dinations green

Challenge: Snippet Playground

Edited: I have entered Sarn's Rudolph Challenge, thought it about time I get started lol.

10 comments:

kay said...

He is so cute, fab card Amanda x

Di said...

Hi Amanda - wow, that is soooo clever! Love the hexagons, brilliant card! Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

I'm lovin' all those hexagons!!! They are just so popular now.
There is something timeless about that shape!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Amanda love the card you are so clever. Alison xxx

Sarn said...

Oh yes . . . a sweet and cute card.

Love PTI but sadly don't own any of their products.

Thank you for entering my challenge. Good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Donna said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous Amanda, I love the way you have created your background and the sentiment looks amazing :) Donna ♥ x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Amanda. Love the hexagon background and fab sentiment, and Chester is super sweet :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love your colours and gorgeous cheeky chester :D

xx coops xx

Brenda said...

OMGosh this card is adorable!

Kelly said...

Love it x