Thursday 30 August 2012

A Baby Girl for a change

Well last year was the year of the baby boy but it looks like baby girls are on the agenda for 2012. One of my work friends and his wife had a baby girl last week and I made this card for them. Last year everyone was having boys and they all knew beforehand so I had lots of time to make cards and like always I waited until the last minute but this year they are all waiting until the birth to find out, so I had to make a girl and boy version. I will show the boy version again though as am keeping it for someone else.

I used a gorgeous image from Di's digi downloads and had a blast colouring her in. I don't know about anyone else but I find pink the most difficult colour to match, I tried all my copic colours but none would match the nit wit paper so had to resort to mixing my own with the RV10 and R11, irl they look an identical match to the papers, not sure the camera picked that up though.




Ingredients:
Image: "Baby Bow" Di's Digi Downloads
papers: "Baby Girl" Nit Wit
Cardstock: "Pretty in Pink" Stampin up
Sentiment: Studio G
Brad: Stash

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the pretty papers and pastel shades. The baby looks surprised to see us all visiting her on your blog, does she not?!

Irene said...

Brilliant Amanda, I love the soft gentle colours and adorable baby image.
luv
irene
xxxx

coops said...

totally gorgeous amanda,the little baby image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Hettie said...

Aw Pwetty card there Amanda. Our firm's baby boom seems to have come to a halt. We went for nearly 4 years with someone being pregnant. Luckily I only sat on my OWN chair and wore MY cardigan!! Phew!
Hugs
xx

Donna said...

So sweet and pretty Amanda, love the girly colours and design and your colouring is beautifully done :) Donna ♥ x

Tina said...

This is so pretty Amanda, cute image and I love the soft colours. Tinaxx