Saturday 2 June 2012

Just like buses

No snippets makes for ages then two in a week lol. Again no full sheets were harmed in the making of this card. In fact I printed the image when I first bought the Next Big Thing CD and only found it when clearing out the snippet box. Such an easy card too the backing papers were already cut to the right size as they were the off cuts from the leaving card I made a while ago, I used my new mft dies to cut the chevrons just to add a bit extra. I love these dies and will be buying more next time I am in Florida.

Am I alone in this but I have had my cuttlebug for about four years and have never used it to cut dies only emboss so the first time I used my new mft dies they left marks in the plates and I was horrified lol. So I could just buy new plates but I decided to look for a solution, my cuttlebug lives on a shelf and has to be lifted down to be used hence the reason I don't emboss much and I have been using the dies a lot so knew the shelf wasn't ideal. After some head scratching as there is little room on my desk I spotted the cuttlekid machine I bought for my friend's little girl a few years ago, I tried the dies and they work perfectly, no more messing around trying to find the right plate combo, two plates and away to go, the dies fit the plates perfectly and they are much cheaper to replace than the cuttlebug plates. When I bought the cuttlekid I paid $9.99 in Florida and it traveled all the way home with me to discover that my friend had bought one already so it had been sitting in my cupboard ever since but no more, it fits on my desk and works perfectly.


Ingredients
Image: "Rugby" The Next Big Thing CD
Papers: "Freedom ain't Free" Summer Driggs
Cardstock: "Cherry Cobbler" Stampin Up
Nailheads: Josy Rose

Challenges: Snippet Playground

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab male card, love the design.....

Di said...

Brilliant card Amanda - love the colours too. Most of us shed tears the first time we use dies in the Cuttlebug, hate the way the top plate damages and I'm always replacing mine :) The Cuttlekid sounds a great little invention, never heard of it before.

I took the liberty of adding this into Mr Linky in case you'd forgotten honey. I can do wonders with Mr Linky at least :)

Have a super day - and thanks for coming to play again. Did anyone bring bunting with them?

Di xx

kay said...

hi amanda,can see you getting upset re the plates but dont worry they are meant to do that...lol
card is fab,have a good weekend,x

coops said...

stunning male card amanda.i love yout fab papers and image :D

xx coops xx

Irene said...

A beautiful Birthday card Amanda, I love the colours and design. The rugby image is brilliant and just perfect for a male card.
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
luv
irene
xxxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Amanda, this is brilliant! The image, the papers and the vibrant colours are just perfect for a male card. Love it!
Thanks so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog - I really appreciate it.
Have a happy day - hugs, Sylvia xx

Sarn said...

This is just fab. I love the other snippet card you made too. Congrats on your "tidy up" of your snippets . .. I may have to take a leaft out of your book. Hope you're feeling better after your fall. xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card hun & great image...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Hettie said...

Great card Amanda and great image for Father's Day coming up! Not heard of a Cuttlekid before. I have a Big Shot and it is never away on its shelf for long! Know what you mean about the first cut. I have a separate set of plates just for embossing in case the image transfers as some dies cut quite deep into the plates. Reminds me of a song....the first cut is the deepest! Hee Hee!

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Amanda, great image and papers :o)

Oh, you should see the state of my Big Shot plates - you'd be horrified lol! Hugs, Lisa x

Bernie said...

Brilliant card Amanda! Great image, colors and papers.

I knew what to expect but the first time I used my cuttlebug my poor Jim was sure I'd runined it. You'd think someone would figure out a self healing plate but then they wouldn't make the money they do selling new plates.
Hugs