Monday 7 May 2012

So Long, Farewell....

It has been a bit of a sad time at work lately with lots of folks leaving and hopefully this will be the last card I have to make for a while. I made this for my manager well he was until I changed roles at the beginning of March. We didn't get along to well at the start but I must say we do now. He makes me laugh, not always with him but he still makes me laugh, he challenges me and makes me think and he has also made me realise that I am capable of a whole lot more than I thought.

The squirrel is a bit of an in joke and as soon as I saw it I knew how I would use it. I used a sketch saturday sketch, ok not this weeks, not even last weeks but I still used a sketch lol. It was a bit more difficult to get the angles right than I first thought it would be but once I had finished it I knew I would use it again as it is very effective.



Ingredients
Image: "Barclay" Pollycraft
Papers: "Freedom ain't Free" Summer Driggs
Cardstock: "Cherry Cobbler" Stampin up
Candy: Craftwork Cards

6 comments:

kay said...

can see why you choose this image,hope you recovering from your trip to florida,x

Di said...

Oh wow - this is fabulous! Bet your ex-boss will love it :) Di xx

coops said...

stunning card amanda.i love the sweet barclay and fab design ;D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

It's wonderful Amanda..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the sentiment...

Donna said...

Too cute Amanda, love these colours and papers and I would imagine the card was really well received...thank you for the anniv'y wishes...don't know how we got there so quick! :) Donna ♥ x