Sunday 11 December 2011

A Very Happy Birthday MUM

It was my Mum's birthday on Saturday, yes I know I am late posting her card but wanted her to see it in the flesh before she saw it on my blog lol. Before she got her notebook last year I never had to worry about it.

My mum loves blue and every year I try and find a different blue paper, this year I used Nit Wit "From the Heart" but muct admit there isn't as much blue as I thought there would be. I even bought bashful blue from stampin up especially but it really didn't go and red was already on my desk so I seemed the logical choice.

I have paper pieced her clothes with mini dig versions of the paper and will definitely be doing this again.

The observant of you will notice there are flowers on this card, I know absolutely unheard of from me but it is my mum after all lol.

Ingredients:
Image: "Bossy" Mo's Digital Pencil
Papers: "From the Heart" Nit Wit
Cardstock: "Real Red" Stampin Up
Flowers: Nutcrafters
Ribbon: Bargain from Michaels (a whole reel for 50cents)

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh Amanda .. .. .. I bet that your Mum really loved this!!!

It is gorgeous.

Love your backing papers and your paper piecing.

I am pleased you popped your Mum some flowers on your card .. .. if you don't normally use them she will know it makes her card extra special.

Hope your Mum had a great birthday and that you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love the image and your colours and details are really gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

This is lovely Amanda! Fab image and gorgeous papers too :o) It's funny the 'extra' bits we do for our mums isn't it - I always have to fully decorate the inside for mine, she complains if I don't! Lisa x

Jilli said...

Amanda this is soooo pretty! I love the paper piecing and colouring of the image and the extra special flowers make all the diffence! Hugs Jillix