Sunday 1 May 2011

Are you sitting comfortably?

I bet you all thought I was going to tell you a story or have a bit of a rant but no just referring to this great image from Digistamp Boutique. I had my eye on this image for a while but didn't have anyone in mind to make a card for, I find if I just buy images then I forget I have them.

I have made this card for my cousin's fiance and even though his birthday isn't until June I finished it yesterday. I have three very girlie cards to make and mojo took a break so I thought ok make a guy card they are quick, simple and really don't require mojo and sometimes they seem to kick start the creative juices.

I have used some of my brad mountain on this card, I love brads but never seem to have the right colour or shape. I want to order some more but need to use a few first, so you may see quite a few cards with brads on them over the next few weeks .

I am entering this card in a brand new challenge blog dedicated to all things guy related 'here come the boys'the first challenge is anything goes and this fits it perfectly lol.


Ingredients
Image: "Dad Relaxing with Cat" Digistamp Boutique

12 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh Wow Amanda - you are first to enter at our new challenge - and what a fab card it is too!! love the image and love the colours you've used - thanks so much for joining us at Here Come the Boys and hope to see you again
Hugs
Lynne xoxox

Sharon said...

Congratulations on being our first entry. Your card is gorgeous, and ideal for our challenge at Here Comes The Boys. Good luck.
Hugs Sharon x

Craftdee said...

This is the perfect card for the Here Come The Boys challenge, congrats on being first cab off the rank! I had a little gasp when I read your post, it could easily be me (buying and forgetting, needing to use etc.)! Love your colouring of this great little image (which I may or may not have in my stash - somewhere in the deepest recessed of my computer, lol!) Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love it Amanda! Congratulations on being the first entry too! Woo xx

Teresa said...

Wow! What a great start to the Here comes the boys challenge thanks for joining us with this fabulous card, congrats on being the first entry and good luck with the challenge.
Hugs Teresa xx

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

A really great card for a chap .. .. gorgeous colouring and such a cute image.

Thanks for your comments on my snippets this week.

The little "onsie" is cut from paper using a Quickutz die. I stuck it onto the backing card and then put it through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder.

Hope this helps.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

brilliant male card amanda.i love the fun image and fab paper and design :D

xx coops xx

karen said...

Oh what a fabulous card, gorgeous papers and I love that image too. Thanks so much for joining us at HCTB, hope to see you again, Karenx

Chris said...

Fabulous card love it all..Chris xx

Ruth said...

Great card, super colours, Ruth :)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Amanda, what a fantastic card. Your colouring is perfect and I love the papers. Thanks for joining in with the monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Fabulous Amanda! - thanks for joining in the Digi Stamp Boutique competition...Sally-Ann :o)